The preparation of an ECVET-oriented Job Taxonomy has three main objectives:
- Promote the implementation of the ECVET principles in the nuclear education and training.
- Contribute to a common language for nuclear jobs and job requirements.
- Facilitate the design of competence-based qualifications.
The job taxonomy covers the three life-cycle stages of the nuclear power plant: new build, operation, decommissioning. It consists of three elements:
- List of jobs
- Job profiles, focused in the definition of competence required.
- Catalogue of knowledge, skill and competence items, to be used as aid for drafting the profiles.
The progress in the preparation of these outcomes has been mainly achieved during the six dedicated technical workshops held so far:
- Istambul (Turkey) 16 - 20 February 2015 Report
- Bergen NH (The Netherlands), May 2013: Report
- Petten (The Netherlands), Feb 2012 Report
- Bergen NH (The Netherlands), Oct 2011 Report
In December 2012 a Progress Report was released, containing the draft profiles produced so far.
The results of the ongoing cooperative work of the contributors and in-house production at JRC-IET shall be shared in future workshops.